One of our product development additions to the OpenContent Case this quarter is adding the folder bulk redact action for all documents within the folder with either Alfresco, Documentum, AWS or Hadoop. As detailed earlier in our Redacting Roadmap, both OpenMigrate and the OpenContent Management Suite will have capabilities surrounding the redaction of specific values. This post will focus on demonstrating how OpenContent Case can be used to redact content, particularly focused on a case management scenario.
OpenContent Case Redacting Capabilities
OpenContent Case provides a fast and efficient view and manage related documents contained within a Case Folder. By integrating in OpenRedact’s redaction capabilities (part of the OpenAnnotate product set), documents can be manually redacted. With the new folder bulk action added to OpenContent Case, the following redaction scenario can be supported:
- User selects a folder action “Redact Text”
- User is prompted with a screen that provides all the folder properties, as well as an input field to allow ad-hoc values that should be removed across the folder.
- Document are retrieved from the case
- If the document is PDF Text or PDF Image with Text, redaction processing can occur immediately.
- If the document is not PDF Text or PDF Image with Text, (ex TIF, PDF Image or Microsoft Word) a text searchable PDF is created leveraging Adlib, Nuance or vendor specific transformation tools.
- The searchable PDF is analyzed and redacted for any text selected requiring redaction. This could include credit card number, social security numbers or phone numbers that would require redaction.
- The PDF with text document is analyzed and redacted for specific components and fields configured to be redacted for this case. This could include case file names or addresses associated with the PDF document.
- The redacted document is stored in the repository either as a redacted copy or as the primary document. The original document can also be stored in the repository to support evidence rules as required.
For our demonstration scenario, we will redact documents for a medical case folder. In this scenario, we would like to redact the patient’s name, medical ID as well as Date of Birth. As part of the selection process, the folder action is prompting for fields contained in the folder properties. In this case the patient’s name will be selected from those fields. The user will manually enter the patient’s medical ID and Date of Birth for redaction as well.
Redacting documents as part a case is a common request. OpenContent Case now contains the capabilities to redact text across documents within a case folder for specific fields for known values (patient name) as well as ad-hoc text as required. Look here for future posts as TSG continues to add additional capabilities including redacting for patterns, calculated values (ex: dates older than 18 years – birth dates) as well as analyze documents for additional values (ex: incident date) that could be extracted from the documents.
[…] Update 10/16/2018 – See our updated post (and demo) of Folder Case Redaction […]
[…] a number of new enhancements to OCMS around document redactions. Specifically, the ability to bulk redact documents across a case folder based on document metadata. For example, in a medical claim, OCMS can redact all documents containing the value of the […]
[…] across checked documents on the interface, or across the entire claim. In the above scenario, clients can bulk redact an entire claim by choosing what terms that need to be redacted and applying these redactions to the entire claim. […]