OpenText & Documentum Products and Consulting Services
TSG has been working with Documentum software has since its infancy in the 1990’s. How many people remember EDMS 98, Accelera, or the first wind-blown Momentum in Miami in 1996? We were there!
As Documentum, now part of OpenText, has aged, customers want improved capabilities that are just not being developed. As a truly independent content management integrator, TSG provides products and services that can make Documentum better that aren’t provided from OpenText including:
- Consumer Interface – TSG provides for a method to cache content out of Documentum leveraging our OpenMigrate and OpenContent Search interface to provide a high performance/low cost alternative for Documentum consumers.
- Author Interface – TSG provides a robust alternative interface for Documentum users that is continually being enhanced by our customers. See our comparisons to Webtop Search, Contributor and Folder as well as xCP and D2.
- Annotation – When Documentum discontinued support for PDF Annotation Services, TSG provided OpenAnnotate as an easy alternative that allowed for no changes for existing annotations while providing a better and more efficient browser based solution. Other clients have preferred it over Brava since OpenAnnotate is 100% web-based (no client install required) and it has better performance.
- High-Performance Viewing – OpenAnnotate can be used in “view only” mode. The viewer can display 5,000 page documents in under 2 seconds. OpenAnnotate can be launched within the D2 framework or as a separate browser tab.
- Migration – OpenMigrate is the best known and most widely used solution for migrating both to and from Documentum. Whether consolidating or considering moving to other alternatives like Alfresco or DynamoDB, OpenMigrate can provide a high-speed, configurable alternative to other vendor tools.
As an independent consulting resource, TSG is able to offer cost-effective and innovative approaches, products, and solutions not always available from other non-independent Documentum consulting firms.
A stream-lined interface and intuitive user experience. Modules include desktop and dashboard functions that provide an alternative to Documentum Webtop, D2, and xCP. Clients have also utilized OpenContent Search to implement an offline search interface to support read-only users as well as redundancy/fail-over architecture.
A stream-lined interface and intuitive user experience. A highly configurable, stream-lined, interface to efficiently view and interact with a set of related documents. Features like Dual Pane viewing and embedded annotations give users all the functionality needed to make their job easier. OpenContent Case has been used across several industries, including: financial services/insurance, property management, contract management, and engineering.
Industry leading high volume migration utility with source and target adapters for Documentum, Alfresco, JDBC, Solr, FileNet, Hadoop, and many others. Our customers have leveraged OpenMigrate for initial loads, upgrades, as well as a more efficient replacement for Site Caching Services to address Documentum publishing requirements.
Provides high performance Web Services for Documentum. Built on the DFC, OpenContent provides a robust and stable alternative to DFS. OpenContent also supports Alfresco and Hadoop. OpenContent is a RESTful API built using Java.
Implemented as a standalone interface or as an extension of Documentum Clients (Webtop, xCP and D2). OpenContent Forms provides configurable web based forms and dynamic workflow. Clients have implemented this offering in a variety of industries for forms varying from change request to HR forms. For Documentum users, OpenContent Forms is often used as a key component in a compliant (SOP, Change Request) solution.
Provides users with a replacement for Watermarking, Electronic Signatures, and Controlled Printing associated with PDF manipulation for Documentum clients. Documentum customers leverage OpenOverlay in place of PDF Aqua or Trusted Content Services.
Provides a next generation approach leveraging machine learning to capture data from documents into Documentum.