Making Content Work – Configurable Content Organization to Streamline Business
OpenContent Case provides a no code configurable, stream-lined, interface to efficiently view and interact with a set of related documents from a variety of different repositories including Alfresco, Documentum, AWS/DynamoDB, Azure/HDInsight, Solr, HBase/Hadoop or Google/BigTable.
Simplifying the User Experience
To many document repositories are built for complex “do all” document capabilities with bloated and difficult to understand interfaces when the majority of users just want to quickly navigate and work on related documents, often in a case as part of a case management process.
OpenContent Case provides a configurable, simplified, and robust interface alternative to legacy ECM interfaces for modern ECM repositories such as Alfresco, DynamoDB, HDInsights, BigTable or HBase/Hadoop. OpenContent Case is built to adapt to changing business needs and implementations have included Insurance, Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing and other industries.
- No Code Configurable User Interface– Allows for system and user configuration of views, documents, departments, groups and other common interface components. Configuration approach allows business process changes or a new department to be addressed quickly without any coding. See an example of building a case management interface in under 20 minutes.
- Increases User Productivity– A streamlined user experience significantly reduces retrieval times, user training and user errors.
- Browser Based Annotations – Apply annotations directly to a document, image, PDF or video, even when offline directly from a modern web (or mobile) browser without any add-on software requirements leveraging OpenAnnotate.
- Bulk Upload and Processing of Documents– Multiple documents can be uploaded at once and indexed quickly. Users can view the documents while indexing and can copy fields from a text-based document reducing the risk of data-entry error.
- Case Monitoring– Users can quickly see all activities that have been performed on a specific case folder: document uploads, deletions, updates and external/internal communications.
- Document Relationships – Users can quickly see all related documents based on any metadata on a document. (ex: email attachments, contracts to support vendor invoices).
- Email Integration– Outbound email (with document attachments) generated from within the system and stored in the case. Outbound email includes support SMTP, Citrix Sharefile, Box, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Scanning or Fax Documents– Allows users to scan documents from the browser or can automatically ingest inbound faxes.
- Document and Image Manipulation– Split, combine and rotate PDFs from within the application. Low quality images can even be lightened/darkened and sharpened on the fly. All changes are stored as new versions in Alfresco, ensuring no loss of original content.
- Minimize Upgrade Impact – Leveraging OpenContent Web Services REST layer isolates the application from upgrade impacts thus reducing upgrade costs.
- Dual-Document Display– Users can compare documents side-by-side without launching new windows.
- Mobile Interface– Following modern responsive web frameworks allows the interface to work on a variety of mobile devices. A hybrid mobile version is available for users who have limited internet connectivity.
- Overlays and Watermarks– Ability to dynamically add property information such as document status and effective date to viewed and printed documents.
- 3rd Party Integrations – Leverage the best of breed SAAS solutions – DocuSign, Citrix ShareFile, Dropbox, Box, HotDocs, Workshare Compare, SmartComm, Google Drive and many others.
See a short video of OpenContent Case for our insurance claim scenario.