High-Speed Secure Annotations in Your Browser
Alfresco Enterprise Viewer, formally OpenAnnotate, is a high-speed and secure content viewing solution. AEV allows users to collaborate on annotations, redact sensitive content and even edit the content from a browser. Alfresco Enterprise Viewer’s browser-based approach is particularly well-suited for remote workers with inconsistent network bandwidth.
- Two to Five times faster than typical viewing options from browsers and PDF.js for large documents.
- Real-time collaboration on annotations (with support for the PDF XFDF standard).
- Sensitive information protection with content encoding, audit trails, watermarks, and both pattern and ad-hoc redaction.
- All popular web browsers supported with HTML5 (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Safari)
Supporting a wide variety of document repositories including:
- Alfresco (Share, ADF, AWS)
Alfresco Enterprise Viewer Benefits:
- Fast & Secure Document Viewing – Users only have access to encrypted image renditions of individual document pages preventing them from downloading an entire document and distributing it outside of the managing application. Dynamic watermarking with user name and date, reduces the risk of screen captures being shared outside of the organization.
- Real-Time Collaborative Annotations – Allows all viewers of the document to see annotations as they are being created providing increased productivity and reducing time during review cycles.
- Video & Audio Support – Easily annotate videos and audio from the browser. Annotations are linked to the mp3 or mp4 file, preserving the original content. Screen captures of the video are generated automatically, allowing specific portions of a frame to be annotated with further details. For instance – highlight specific automobile damage submitted by a claimant via their phone.
- Active Product Roadmap – Continued development and support from our AEV community of clients. New features added upon client request.
- No Client Machine Dependencies – AEV allows users to view and annotate documents directly in their internet browsers (IE, Edge, FireFox, Safari, Chrome) without dependencies on Adobe Reader or other client viewing applications.
- Support of PDF Standards – AEV fully supports PDF standards for storing annotations is separate XFDF files to allow compatibility with other PDF products. AEV can produce annotated PDF for sharing in other PDF (ex: PDF Reader) environments.
- Integrates with Alfresco Share/ADF/Workspace and Documentum Webtop – Connectors are available for all Alfresco interfaces, Documentum Webtop, FirstDoc, and CARA as well as OpenContent Management Suite. AEV will even display annotations originally generated using Documentum PDF Annotation Services.
Other demonstrations include:
- Documentum Webtop or FirstDoc Annotation (replacement for PDF Annotation Services or AnnoDoc)
- Alfresco Share Integration
- Collaborative Reviews
- Heads Up Indexing
Additional information and videos available on our Blog.