High-Speed Annotations in Your Browser – Digital Annotations Without The Hassle
OpenAnnotate is a browser-based annotation tool that allows for the creation, viewing and sharing of document annotations and redaction from a wide variety of document repositories including:
Documents, images, audio and video can all be collaboratively annotated without requiring any browser add-ons or installations. See an example of OpenAnnotate in collaboration mode below.
Other demonstrations include:
- Documentum Webtop or FirstDoc Annotation (replacement for PDF Annotation Services or AnnoDoc)
- Alfresco Share Integration
- Collaborative Reviews
- Heads Up Indexing
- Low per user cost – Low per user cost of ownership with continued development and support from our OpenAnnotate community of clients.
- No Client Machine Dependencies – OpenAnnotate allows users to view and annotate documents directly in their internet browsers (IE 10+, FireFox, Safari, Chrome) without dependencies on Adobe Reader or other client viewing applications.
- Video & Audio Support – Easily annotate videos and audio from the browser. Annotations are linked to the mp3 or mp4 file, preserving the original content. Screen captures of the video are generated automatically, allowing specific portions of a frame to be annotated with further details. For instance – highlight specific automobile damage submitted by a claimant via their phone.
- Support of PDF Standards – OpenAnnotate fully supports PDF standards for storing annotations is separate XFDF files to allow compatibility with other PDF products. OpenAnnotate can produce annotated PDF for sharing in other PDF (ex: PDF Reader) environments.
- Integrates with Documentum Webtop and Alfresco Share – Connectors are available for Documentum Webtop, FirstDoc, CARA and Alfresco Share as well as OpenContent Management Suite. OpenAnnotate will even display annotations originally generated using Documentum PDF Annotation Services.
- Secures Document Distribution – Users only have access to image renditions of individual document pages preventing them from downloading an entire document and distributing it outside of the managing application.
Additional information and videos available on our Blog.