TSG recently enhanced the reporting functionality in OpenContent Management Suite (OCMS) allowing for more clients to configure reports rather than needing additional development. Often, users with specific reporting analytics needs would need to export data in excel format to manually manipulate data, or go without ‘at-a-glance’ statistics. This post will present the new reporting features and the additional features that are currently in the reporting roadmap.
Reporting in OCMS is important to our clients because many end users want to regularly check on the status of a certain group of documents. Some example use cases are:
- List of all Contracts that are set to expire in the next 30 days
- List of all Claims that have been opened in the last week
- List of all documents made Effective (released) in the last 30 days and grouped based on department
- Lists of all documents with upcoming Periodic Review Date and grouped by department
Previously, users could create saved searches and than share those searches with others who are interested in the same data set. Reporting provides a few benefits over saved searches:
- Simpler to use – reporting requires no setup steps from the business users
- Visual Display – Reporting comes with a visual summary (pie chart, graph, etc.) of the data
- Consistency – Reports are made available to all business users
- Further Analysis – A subset of data from the report can be selected for deeper analysis
- Report Personalization – End users can select which reports area applicable to them. Administrators can also limit the report visibility based on a group or role.
The screen cam below demonstrates the new reporting functionality:
Next phases include the addition of workflow reports. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions for future enhancements.