When moving to Alfresco, many clients struggle with the cost and effort associated with a “Big-Bang” migration from their Legacy ECM system. In a “Big-Bang” scenario, all the content must be migrated to the new system during a very risky and expensive cutover weekend. This Webinar will present:
- A Migration overview – how migration is more than “dump and load”.
- How migration requires more than just moving the content but also all the the users and applications that have been attached to the legacy repository over time
- Difference between Simple and Complex migrations
- How a Delta Approach can reduce timing and risk of a Big Bang Migration
- Benefits of a Rolling Migration versus a Big Bang Migration
One TSG client opted to employ a rolling migration to address the issue with a big bang approach. With the rolling migration approach:
- The cost and effort of a large migration did not delay getting the benefits of the new system.
- Only selective documents are migrated real-time when requested in a rolling approach. Any surprises with the legacy ECM documents can be addressed by the existing team document by document rather than all documents at once.
- The cutover weekend can be staged to involve limited users (and hence documents) to avoid the risk of a large cutover weekend. No content is required in the new system on cutover.
Webinar will include a demonstration of a client’s rolling migration for illustration. Webinar is a 1:00 EST Today – Recording available here.
[…] As we have posted in the past, there is never an “easy button” for complex migrations. For our client and other clients, a “Rolling Migration” allowed for a gradual rollout of both the users as well as the migration of the content to the new system. The concept of a Rolling Migration is something we have been doing for clients since 2014. […]
[…] As we have posted in the past, there is never an “easy button” for complex migrations. For many of our clients, a “Rolling Migration” has allowed for a gradual rollout of both the users as well as the migration of the content to the new system. A rolling migration involves having both systems available with content from the old (CMOD) system being copied to the new system either in bulk or “on demand” when requested. The concept of a Rolling Migration is something TSG has been doing for clients since 2014. […]