Thanks to everyone who attended the Alfresco Lunch and Learn at TSG offices on April 28th. The attendance was great, and there were lots of great discussions during lunch. There was common theme of users looking to replace existing ECM repositories and looking to Alfresco as a potential replacement. Special thanks to Jary Carter, Nancy Garrity, and Michael Uziquano from Alfresco for assisting with the event as well. iPads were in use during the meeting…it will be interesting how businesses react to the iPad and how Alfresco may drive content to iPad / iPhone applications as momentum continues to build.
The following summarizes the new features available in the latest 3.3 Community Release which were reviewed during the Lunch and Learn. Look for the Alfresco Enterprise 3.3 release later this month.
• Full Repository Document Library w/ full document management features
• Share Site Data Lists
• Creation and Editing of Text-Based Documents
• Rules and Action Management
• Theme Management
• Share Search Operators w/ Google like Advanced Search Keywords
• Alfresco Web Editor
• DM to DM Deployment
• Rendition API
• Content Services for IBM Lotus
• CMIS 1.0 Specification