TSG is happy to announce the Fall 2019 release, version 3.3, of the OpenContent Management Suite (OCMS)! For this post, we will take a look at some of the new features and notable enhancements included in this release.
As our long time readers will know, TSG has been predicting an upcoming disruption in the ECM Capture space. During the 3.3 release, we’ve been working on improving the OCMS Capture modules by incorporating Machine Learning. Overall, the process looks like the following:
The key to this process is the feedback loop. If metadata extraction is incomplete or incorrect in steps 2 or 5, the user’s act of indexing the document in the OCMS Index module improves the suggestion engine in step 7.
In OCMS 3.3, we’ve also been exploring:
- How Computer-generated and born digital documents can be indexed more efficiently with Capture 2.0
- How metadata locations can be visualized on the document
Notable New OCMS Features and Enhancements
The following is a brief overview of some other notable OCMS features and enhancements added in the 3.3 release:
Smart Communications and Twilio Integration
OpenContent Case now integrates with SmartCOMM for email and Text communications. An action was also recently developed that allows the user to generate a letter document using SmartCOMM.
Documents can now be sent from OCMS to Kira with our new integration. Kira allows for document language comparisons and analysis through machine learning. Typically this is used for contracts, but has other applications as well.
Similar to the existing functionality that allows the user to split pages from a PDF, leaving the original intact, this new “prune” action does the same thing, except the pages are removed from the original PDF. This offers clients flexibility to choose which approach makes sense for the given use case.
Mobile Search Results View
When viewing OCMS on a small screen, OpenContent Serach will now show a more mobile-friendly representation of the search results.
Search Results Timing Data
If desired, search results can now display timing data to the user in an information icon. This can help troubleshoot perceived or actual slowness with search queries and help pinpoint where the trouble is (ex: the actual query running on the server vs. data transfer over the network, etc.
Other Notable Enhancements
- Public Saved Search can now be either entirely turned off or can be locked down to a group. Only users in this group can create, update, or delete a public saved search.
- Send Email – the Send Email action can now utilize attribute tokens in email templates for case folder attributes. For example, when sending an Insurance Claim email, items such as the claim number, claimant name, loss date, etc. can be automatically inserted into the email body.
- Add Documents can now accept a zip file from the user. Similar to how it can strip of email attachments, documents from the zip will be automatically stripped out and related to the parent zip file.uto-extract from Zip file.
New OC Forms and Compliance Solution Features
The features below, while part of the OpenContent Management Suite are specific to the OpenContent Forms (aka Active Wizard) and the TSG Compliance Solution.
Question Grouping and Alignment
With the 3.3 release, questions can be grouped together and aligned in a horizontal manner. Prior to this release, all questions were stacked vertically. However, now the administrator can direct certain questions to be aligned horizontally. This makes sense for question groups such as an address. In this case, it makes sense to save space and put the city, state, and zip questions on the same line.
Workflow and Compliance Solution Features
In the 3.3 release, we added many features related to dynamic workflow processing which is a central component of the TSG Compliance solution. New Features include:
- Reset Form to Draft – after a form is approved, users in a configurable group can now reset the form and any attached documents back to the Draft state. Versions are bumped down as well. For example, if a form is at version 1.0 and an attached document is at version 3.0, after resetting to draft, the form will be version 0.1, Draft and the document will be version 2.1, Draft. This action can only be executed if the attached documents are all in the Approved state. If any document is Effective, the form cannot be reset to draft.
- Reset Document to Draft – similar to the last feature, but on a specific document rather than the entire form. In this case, the document is reset to draft as above, but then removed from the attached Approved form. Out of the box, this feature is limited to Approved documents only, so Effective documents cannot be reset.
- Reassign Task has been updated to allow users to reassign both current an future tasks. Prior to 3.3, only current tasks could be reassigned.
- Skip Task – this new action allows a user in a future role to pull a task forward, skipping the remaining users of a current task. For example, say we have a two step workflow. Step one is “Reviewers” and step two is “QA Manager”. In this scenario, the QA Manager role could be configured to allow the Reviewer role to be skipped. As long as one user has approved in the Reviewer role, the QA manager can then pull the task to the second step without waiting for the remaining reviewers to process the task.
Other Notable OC Forms Features
- Copy Form – OC Forms can now be copied from an existing form. However, it is not a straight copy. Any question that allows the user to pick workflow approvers directly is cleared out. This prevents the new form from having an incorrect user approver list. Additionally, any supporting documents are stripped off to prevent similar issues.
- Ad-Hoc Supporting Documents – prior to the 3.3 release, Supporting Documents could only be attached to the form via a File question within the form. With this update, supporting documentation can be attached to the form in an ad-hoc basis from within OCMS.
Thank you to all TSG clients who helped improve OCMS in the 3.3 release! Keep an eye on our blog for more information and insights into what is coming up in the 3.4 release, planned for Spring 2020. Let us know your thoughts below.
Leave a Reply