D6.5 Planning Guide
Urgent Alert - For any upgrade, make sure you do not have Character Encoding Issues that only D6.5+ will trap as errors (read post).
TSG's Free Upgrade Planning Guide will provide you with:
- Custom white paper geared towards your interests and specifications
- 6.5 upgrade tips based on your Documentum environment
- Alternative considerations when upgrading or migrating to 6.5
- A copy of our 6.5 upgrade white paper
Common Upgrade Questions
- Do I need to reindex all my content when upgrading FAST?
- High Volume Server (HVS) looks very useful – doesn’t it come with 6.5?
- Are there other options for upgrading other than in-place?
- Won’t I be unsupported if I don’t upgrade?
- Can't I easily switch my developers from Webtop to CenterStage – it’s all Java right?
See the answers to these questions on our blog.
Using our proprietary upgrade methodology, we will help you develop the best upgrade strategy for your Documentum installation. We will share with you different upgrade options and scenarios that we’ve seen other companies select and the best practices we recommend. This includes discussion on the following:
- Weigh the pros and cons of different strategies to upgrade not only your core infrastructure but also your integrated applications.
- Learn how to take advantage of the new features in Documentum 6.5.
- Understand what the differences are between the 6.5 and 5.x products.
- Help size and build your system to avoid performance bottlenecks.
- Analyze your 5.x Webtop/WDK customizations so you only pay to upgrade what you need.
- Map out the upgrade path for the Content Server and client applications to minimize your company’s downtime.
With this information in hand, we will help you develop and execute a successful upgrade strategy and plan.
Whether you are looking to develop applications that are upgrade-safe for your 5.x Documentum environment, pondering an upgrade for an older system, or developing a completely new environment, TSG can assist you with both experienced resources and proven, free, EMC certified software.
You can learn more about these tools in our Learning Zone.
OpenMigrate – TSG’s migration product can be used to do the following during an upgrade:
- Bulk load, transform, and generally move content between Documentum systems.
- Eliminate consumer downtime during upgrade by caching content outside of Documentum. Once the upgrade is complete, OpenMigrate can be easily redirected to begin synchronizing content from the new repository.
OpenContent – TSG’s web services framework built on top of the DFC. Broader Documentum functionality than what is available in DFS today.
High Performance Interface (HPI) – TSG’s search/retrieval and contributor interface supporting both Documentum 5 and Documentum 6. This interface can also be leveraged for users to view content offline during an upgrade .
OpenDashboard – TSG’s repository monitoring application.