OpenContent Search provides a configurable, stream-lined, interface to efficiently process documents and tasks. It can be used in conjunction with other ECM interfaces such as Webtop, Share, etc. or as a stand-alone interface.
Simplifying the User Experience
Knowledge Management is complex. Typical KM systems are built with many features to support a vast array of requirements. The issue companies run into is a feature-rich interface that can quickly overwhelm the average user.
TSG has addressed these usability issues with OpenContent Search. Providing a configurable and simplified extension or alternative to Documentum and Alfresco interfaces for commonly used functions. OpenContent Search is built to adapt to changing business needs and implementations have included Insurance, Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing and other industries.
- Configurable User Interface – Allows for configuration of views, documents, departments, groups and other common interface components. Coding and re-validation can be eliminated or significantly reduced when business process changes or a new department needs to come on board.
- Minimize Upgrade Impact – Leveraging web services isolates the application from upgrade impacts thus reducing upgrade costs.
- Increases User Productivity – A streamlined interface significantly reduces user training, user errors, and increases output capacity.
- Dual-Document Display – Users can compare documents side-by-side without launching new windows.
- Mobile Interface – following modern responsive web frameworks allows the interface to work on a variety of mobile devices. A hybrid mobile version is available for users who have limited internet connectivity.
- Visible Source Model – if some unique business process requires customization outside of the configuration available, OpenContent Searsch is available as Visible Source to allow clients to customize the code.