Accounts Payable Well Documented
The TSG Accounts Payable Solution provides for a document-centric approach to Accounts Payable Invoices and supporting documents. The solution utilizes Ephesoft’s Smart Document Capture solution to automate the classification and extraction of the key data from the invoices as they enter your system via manually scanning them or automatically pulling them in from an email inbox.
With Smart Capture, Ephesoft utilizes powerful OCR algorithms to extract information without templates. With Ephesoft:
- Invoices and attachments are scanned or electronically captured from email/shared drive or an external system.
- Ephesoft OCR’s the entire document looking for key words that distinguish the document as an invoice versus other types of documents.
- Ephesoft extracts the key fields based on their values and proximity to other key fields. For example, the Invoice Date might be located to the immediate right or under the words “INVOICE DATE”. Attachments are recognized as attachments without needing separator sheets. Ephesoft doesn’t rely on templates or location of the fields on different documents.
- A user reviews the results based on confidence levels.
Ephesoft combines other modern features including the ability to ingest PDF or other documents electronically (without scanning), complete browser based solutions, and validation using database lookups.
Once data and images are captured, the TSG Accounts Payable solution leverages OpenMigrate to ingest the invoice images into your Enterprise Content Management System (Documentum, Alfresco, or Hadoop). Once in the repository, our High Performance Interface (HPI) allows viewing of the invoices as well as other critical documents based on the document object model. For example:
- Purchase Orders – If captured on the invoice, HPI can relate the original purchase order to the invoices that have been processed against it.
- Checks – If captured on the check/remittance, HPI can relate the invoice to the check that paid for the invoice.
HPI provides other key ease of use capabilities for accounts payable including:
- Robust Search with a combine document option to ease audit access to invoices.
- Annotation with OpenAnnotate
- Dual Screen View as well as additional monitor support for review and approval of invoices and related documents.
Ability to add comments to an Invoice
Contextual Side-by-Side Document Viewing
View invoices side by side with other related invoices, or PO’s and Checks
Easily retrieve documents using properties or full text searching
Ability to view details regarding actions taken on a specific document
Security based on group membership
On-Premise or Cloud Implementation
Solution could be deployed on-premise or in the cloud