Making Workflow Work – Dynamic Workflow with Smart/Dynamic Forms
Well documented clients recognize the impact of form and workflow on their document management application. Too often workflow doesn’t really work as it is difficult to set up and even harder to maintain. Forms suffer similar issues as building them can be a technical, rather than user, effort that is also difficult to maintain.
OpenContent Forms simplifies form and workflow requirements by providing a user configurable infrastructure for dynamic forms and dynamic workflow. OpenContent Forms provides a unique “wizard” interface that presents users with small sections of the form at a time. Not only will answers drive what future pages are displayed to the user, but answers can also drive who is required for an approval workflow.
As a module within OpenContent Search, OpenContent Forms replaces “hard-coded” forms and templates, eliminating many of the issues associated with static paper and electronic forms. The results are easier navigation, more accurate responses and the flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing business needs.
- Dynamic Form – An administration interface allows you to create dynamic forms that flow based on your business scenario. Users are only presented with the relevant pages and questions.
- Dynamic Workflow – Administrators define rules that turn form answers into a business workflow process. When the workflow is started, the rules are evaluated on the fly – there’s no need for a static workflow template.
- Extend your ECM investment – Rather than use static forms and workflow templates provided by your chosen ECM platform (Documentum, Alfresco, Hadoop etc.), use Active Wizard to provide dynamic forms and workflows.
- OpenContent Forms Lite – The “Lite” version of OpenContent Forms can use Hadoop as a back-end repository, allowing users access to forms and workflow.
To see additional examples of OpenContent Forms – visit our Learning Zone.
Some of the most common forms are used around Change Request and Document Routing, however OpenContent Forms has been used by our clients for over 400 different forms in many different industries.
- Change Management
- Change Request
- Multi-Document Routing Form
- Execution Summary Report
- Industry-specific forms
- Chemotherapy Note/Order
- Work Permit
- Hazards Identification & Task Risk Assessment
- Request for Unescorted Access
- Behavior Observation
- Common Corporate Forms
- Access Request
- Business Card Order Form
- Help Desk Support Request
- New Hire Employee Form
- Wireless Device Equipment Request
- Write Off Request
- Human Resources
- Employee Benefits Annual Enrollment (ex: Medical/Dental/Vision plan selections, etc.)
- Employee Information Update