At Technology Services Group, work-life harmony/balance is a core part of our culture.
We believe that a satisfied and well-rounded consultant with a balanced life is happier and more productive. Below are some of the key aspects of our culture that differentiate TSG.
- Managed Travel – we work with our clients to minimize travel – it’s in their best interest too. We minimize their cost and maximize our productivity.
- Work Smart, Not Long – we don’t believe in overtime for overtime’s sake. We teach our consultants to work smarter, not longer.
- Consulting and Software Development – We don’t just believe in consultants in one room and software engineers in another. All of our engineers are active in client consulting as well as software product development, whether for a client or internally as part of our R&D and product development. Our products and consultants benefit from a combined approach with consultants adding to the product and roadmap based on real client experience.
- Project Based Work – we don’t do staff augmentation or body-shopping as we do not see it as conducive to career development. We work to staff our consultants on engaging project work.
- Ski Trip – the all employee ski trip to the mountains is a favorite TSG event. Our last trip was to Breckenridge in Colorado.
- Anniversary Party – each year, we celebrate TSG’s anniversary (this year will be 24 years!!!) with a holiday party treats our team to a fun evening of dinner, dancing, and great memories.
- Company Outings – company events have included going to beach volleyball, softball, axe throwing, escape rooms, happy hours, ball games (whether it is a Cubs or Sox game can generate some heated debates) or Arlington Park for a day at the races. The company also shares 4 season tickets to the Bulls that are often passed around the office.
- Daily Manager Huddle – Every day the managers gather to discuss client issues, staffing, R&D or any other issues or goals with longer weekly and quarterly meetings. All managers are involved in most decisions especially staffing where past managers, mentors, senior managers all determine the right place/client per employee.
- Employee of the Week – One of the highlights of every Friday is a company-wide meeting for the EOW. $100 is given out to the employee that is selected based on nominations from peers/managers and picked by the previous weekly winner.
- Company Meetings – we host quarterly company meetings to communicate company information and to have fun together.
- TSG Blog – we collectively contribute to the TSG blog to discuss technology, industry trends and TSG highlights.
- TSG Wiki and Knowledgebase – we use our wiki and knowledgebase to collaborate and share information on many topics, like company goals/priorities, technology techniques, and employee of the week nominees.