What Differentiates TSG?
Experience for yourself the vast benefits of working for a small company. Below are the top reasons college hires chose TSG.
- High Visibility – Don’t be just a number.
- Accelerated Career Path – Sure, you can join the big boys but where’s the career growth?
- Downtown Chicago – The best place to work and play.
- Work-Life Balance – Travel and Overtime should be the exception, not the rule.
- Consulting and Software Development – We are building products and consulting and expect our consultants to do both.
- Innovative Technology – Do you want to be on the forefront product development?
- Open Communication with Management – They’re right there with their sleeves rolled up. All the managers participate in all the staffing decisions including mentors as well as past and present project managers.
- Fun and Exciting Culture – See Chicago and Culture.
We aren’t the typical small company. TSG is commited to our people and survived the recession of 2008 without layoffs or salary reductions. Read more about it on our blog.
TSG combines the visibility of a small firm but the smarts and stability of a 20 year old firm.
At TSG, you will have a variety of exciting opportunities that provide for learning, mentoring, and skill development. As a consultant with TSG, you are exposed to different technologies, industries, and work styles. Our consultants are staffed on a new project every 3 months on average.
Work Should Be Fun
This means both enjoying what you do and who you work with. A founding principle of TSG is maintaining an enjoyable work environment and a work-life balance. We feel a well-rounded consultant, with an active life outside of work, will be more effective for our clients and the company. This is the long-term career mindset that is missing at most consulting companies.
Besides developing our employees’ consulting skills, we encourage strong team relationships both in and out of the office. We host many social outings such as our Winter Colorado Ski Trip, our Summer Baseball Game, our Anniversary Dinner Party, happy hours, and more. For pictures and more details on our extracurricular activities, visit the TSG Culture page.
Your professional development is a top priority. As you begin your career at TSG, you will be assigned a mentor. The goal of the mentoring program is to provide you with an opportunity to receive individualized professional guidance and direction from an experienced consultant.
At TSG, we have a powerful new hire training program designed to introduce college hires to the technologies and business skills necessary to hit the ground running at their first client engagement. We hire from a variety of college curricula and our courses are designed to bring all of our new hires to a similar skill level. We also look to use our new hire training to build strong teamwork bonds between you and your peers and to introduce you to your new colleagues at TSG.
Technical & Business Career Paths
At TSG we offer both technical and business career paths. Both require a foundation in technology focusing on specific concentrations. Some of our consultants have chosen a career path that incorporates both areas below (business and technical), while the personal interests for other consultants lead them to concentrate on one area. TSG provides a flexible environment where you can choose how technical or how business-focused your career is.
- Technical Career Path – This path supports our deeply skilled technologists. We rely heavily on these consultants to help define and verify the technical direction of our projects and research new technology. Our technical architects are involved in the entire project lifecycle in order to validate and monitor the implementation of the solution.
- Business Career Path – This path supports our highly skilled project managers and business analysts. These consultants play a large role in the project definition phase by heading up project planning and requirements gathering activities. We rely heavily on these consultants to manage the execution of the projects, as well as maintain the relationship with the client from a project perspective.