With the release of Alfresco Claims Management as a Service, this post will highlight some ways in which the Alfresco Claims Management solution can simplify common claims processes and automate the document request process.
Streamlining Claims Processing with Automated Ingestion
When handling a newly opened auto insurance claim or other type of claim, claim adjusters typically request for the claimant to provide further information, such as images of the damage the vehicle suffered, before the claim can be further evaluated and repair costs can be estimated. The “old way” of handling this process involved many steps for an adjuster:
- Sending a request for documents to the claimant from an adjuster’s email account
- Periodically checking their email for the requested documents from the claimant
- Uploading the documents to the claims management system
- Waiting for the documents to be added to the claim by the claims management system
Because of the use of an individual email account, the process is tied to the delay between when the documents arrive and when an adjuster next checks their email to processes the request and assigns the documents to the claim file. This delay can create downtime, particularly when the individual is sick or out of the office. This downtime represents lost opportunity to process other active claims and delayed claim resolution for customers.
Alfresco Claims Management provides a streamlined and consistent process for handling the request for documents. The streamlined approach reduces the number of steps needed to be taken:
- Sending a request for documents directly from the claim file itself with a standard email template to reduce email creation and enforce consistency.
- Automatic ingestion of the documents to the claim folder provided by the claimant
- Notification to an adjuster or group of adjusters alerting them that the requested documents are available for viewing.
This new process notifies an adjuster(s) as soon as the requested documents are available in the claim file.
Below is a quick demo of the process highlighting the template email and automatic ingestion of documents.
For more information on Alfresco Claims Management as a Service and TSG’s experience helping insurance clients increase the productivity and efficiency of their claims management experience, send a message to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply