Technology Services Group (TSG) began working with one legacy FileNet customer in the summer of 2019 successfully migrating billions of documents for a large health care client from a legacy FileNet Image Services and P8 system. Bringing both products and consultative experience to the project, TSG was able to migrate the client’s FileNet implementation to a modern ECM system in 6 months. This case study presents practical approaches and observations in regards to how the client was able to move so quickly.
Best practices shared include:
- Plan for a simple “out of the box” initial implementation
- Consider a rolling migration over a big bang
- Determine User Interface, Content and Security Models
- Begin FileNet Extraction Early
- Remove, Stash or Archive Stale Documents
- Update Multi-Page TIFF and COLD to Single Document PDF