One of the more confusing terms with in the Alfresco ecosystem has always been solution. Is an Alfresco solution a software product or consulting offering? Is Case Management a solution or is it more infrastructure? At TSG, our Alfresco Solutions are represented by business focused applications that are a mix of our enterprise class software, configurations and consulting to deliver business value to the end-user. This post will present a high-level overview of our present solutions along with some introduction videos where applicable. To get a high level overview of all of our solutions, check out the OpenContent Management Suite solutions page.
Alfresco Policy and Claim
One of our most popular solutions is our Policy and Claim solution that has been deployed for over 600,000,000 documents more than 30,000 users. OpenContent Policy & Claim allows companies to extend their current data-driven policy and claim systems (Guidewire, Fineos, Custom….) with electronic file capabilities with seamless integration. The Policy and Claim solution provides a basic configuration for a Claim Folder as well as Policy/Underwriting. Some highlights include:
- Complete capture of electronic files for policy and claim including third parties and internal/external sources including electronic correspondence including emails and phone discussions
- Annotations capabilities for documents as well as video files via OpenAnnotate
- Summary view of electronic file activity
- Robust search capabilities including full-text to minimize the time wasted searching for paper documents
- Quick access to previous policy or claim files with side by side viewing
- Enables faster and easier ways to share information between employees and third parties
The solution includes a typical Insurance requirements template to help business users identify common policy and claim document management requirements.
The solution also includes a more detailed Policy and Claim Demo Series.
Alfresco Manufacturing Compliance
The OpenContent Compliance Management solution is also a very popular solution that provides a basic configuration for change management of documents, typically SOPs and Manufacturing Instructions. The OpenContent Compliance Management solution has been deployed for a variety of industries including high-tech, Pharmaceuticals as well as Nuclear Power Plant Management. The solution includes configuration of basic document types as well as adds improved chain version control to Alfresco. Highlights of the solution include:
- Robust change management with dynamic form and workflow support
- Electronic review and approval compliant with industry guidelines
- Simplified consumer search and retrieval from a variety of devices with minimal cost, training or support requirement
The Compliance solution includes basic configuration and most of the TSG products including OpenContent Forms and Workflow, OpenContent Case Management, OpenContent Services, OpenAnnotate and OpenOverlay.
Check out the Compliance demo series to see the solution in depth.
Alfresco Accounts Payable
The OpenContent Accounts Payable solution provides configurations for ingesting, indexing, and processing invoices. Many clients choose to integrate the solution with Ephesoft’s Smart Document Capture solution to automate the classification and extraction of the key data from the invoices as they enter the system. Once data and images are captured, OpenContent Accounts Payable Solution leverages OpenMigrate to ingest the images into the Enterprise Content Management System. The OpenContent Search and OpenContent Case allow users to search and view invoices as well as other critical documents based on the document object model. For example:
- Purchase Orders – If captured on the invoice, the original purchase order will be automatically related to the invoices that have been processed against it.
- Invoices – If captured on the check/remittance, invoices will be automatically related to the associated check.
Alfresco Human Resources
The OpenContent Human Resources solution allows companies to streamline their employee on-boarding process and annual reviews. Perfect for large and small companies that require a better view into employees who are potentially out of compliance and are missing required documentation. OpenContent Case organizes all documents associated with individual employees and groups them logically based on category. Documents can be captured and stored during the interview process, hiring phase and annual reviews.
One of the most important component of the solution is the Required Documents feature within OpenContent Case. This feature allows
users track documents that are required to complete on-boarding. When required documents are added to an employee folder, they are automatically filed and marked as complete. HR users can easily search to find employees that are still not yet completely on-boarded. A dashlet is available as well that will surface this information.
More OpenContent Solutions
Check out the links below for information and overview videos of more solutions built with the OpenContent Management Suite.
- OpenContent Contract Management – provides configurations and integrations to generate and organize contracts with OpenContent Search and Case and utilize review and approval workflows with OpenContent Forms and Workflow.
- OpenContent Government – provides configurations and functionality for Government agencies and municipalities to manage documents such as permits, court documents, police reports, etc.
- OpenContent Batch Records – provides regulated clients with an easy to use suite for collecting, capturing, and storing all of the information required for 21 CFR compliant batch records.
- OpenContent Corporate Forms – utilizes OpenContent Forms and Workflow to allow organizations to provide an easy to use interface for users to submit and approve corporate forms. Some example forms include: Service Request, Mobile Device Request, Vacation Request, etc.
- OpenContent Construction Management – utilizes OpenContent Search and Case to allow for organizing and managing project documentation.
- OpenContent Digital Archive – utilizes OpenContent Search and Case to allow for organizations such as museums, marketing departments, or others to ingest and manage digital assets such as images and video.
Let us know your thoughts below.