The HPI Dashboard has undergone some extensive changes in the 2.2 release of HPI. This post will detail the latest and greatest HPI Dashboard.
First, click here to access the latest dashboard video in the TSG Learning Zone, or watch the video below to see HPI’s dashboard features:ARVE Error: need id and providerARVE Error: sc_filter_detect_provider_and_id_from_url function needs url.ARVE Error: Need Provider and ID to build iframe src
The main features we added in the 2.2 release are:
- Layout – HPI 2.1 dashlets were full width and stacked on top of each other. As you can see in the video, dashlets are now half width and fit two per “line” on the page. This allows users to see 4 dashlets on the screen at a time.
- Sorting – Dashlets are now easily sortable by both the administrator and the user
- Workflow Reporting – The workflow reporting dashlet is brand new for 2.2. It currently displays the workflows I’ve started as well as a history of the pending workflows in the system. Look for the feature set of the reporting dashlet to grow as we work with our clients on their specific implementations.
- Targeted Dashlets – Dashlets can now be targeted to one or more groups. So, for example, only users in the wizard_contributor group will see the My Forms dashlet.
Overall, HPI has four types of dashlets that administrators can configure:
- Inbox – allows the user to see their outstanding tasks
- Workflow Reporting as described above
- Saved Search – Allows the administrator to configure a search to run on the dashboard. We typically configure the My Forms dashlet for Active Wizard implementations, but other searches can be configured as well. For example, you could configure a dashlet to list all SOPs in a certain department.
- Recent Objects – Typically this dashlet is configured as Recent Folders, but could also track recently accessed documents if desired.
Look for the current set of HPI dashlets to be enhanced and new dashlets to be added as we work with our clients moving forward. Please let us know your thoughts below!