With Momentum/EMC World coming up next week, the final agenda is published. At initial glance, the agenda is slightly different from years past. This post will present some thoughts and recommendations on sessions to attend.
Momentum 2012 – What’s Next
The Agenda is available as well as some notes in the forums and an interesting YouTube video. TSG will again be at Momentum 2012 and will be blogging daily. Last year we posted at least one or two posts a day as well as a summary. Our recap of last year, and some of the roadmap presenations as well as our predictions for this year are available on this site.
In prepping for EMC World/Momentum, we typically recommend clients focus on the Roadmap presentations. Roadmap presentations focus on upcoming releases and help clients prepare for what might be new from Documentum. Many of the roadmap presentations are on Wednesday, which we found slightly weird (typically these are Monday and Tuesday). Also, instead of Roadmap the presentations are titled “What’s Next” – a somewhat more generic future tense and an implied less rigid vision. What’s Next presentations to focus on include:
- Monday 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – What’s Next for the New User – Jeetu Patel and Rehit Ghai
- Tuesday 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM – A Roadmap for Transforming Your World – Keynote – Jeetu Patel and Rohit Ghai
- Wednesday 8:30 AM –9:30 AM What’s Next? EMC Documentum Family Roadmap – Aaron Aubrecht
- Wednesday 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM What’s Next with the EMC Documentum UI? – David Le Strat
As mentioned in our previous prep post, we are predicting that the focus of Momentum will be a coming out party for D2 combined with some continued push for XCP and OnDemand/Cloud. That said, Aaron’s presentation on Wednesday morning would appear to be the most important, particularly for Webtop clients thinking of upgrading to Documentum 7. In the past we have heard Documentum Webtop will have limited support in D7 (2010) to Webtop will be supported for 4 years (2011). This year the “will Webtop continued to be supported given D2” is a significant concern for current Webtop users.
We would think Jeetu’s presentations will be slightly generic (sorry Jeetu, we still remember the presentation from last year – Prioritize Unification, Common Technology Framework, Box, Cisco????). Not sure on David’s UI presentation as it is the last one before the party so we would anticipate that it would be generic as well given the title.
Other What’s Next Presentations to attend
D2 Product Manager Peggy Ringhausen is presenting a couple of D2 presentations (10:00 Monday and 11:30 Tuesday). There are lots of webinars on D2 available as well as our analysis for those that might attend other sessions.
Multiple other What’s Next presentations include:
- Tuesday 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM – What’s Next with IIG Solutions – Dave von Klemperer and Andy Crowne – We are not sure on this presentations as, solutions implies consulting and Dave and Andy are both in the EMC Professional services group. In the past, these solutions are not part of the product set but only available with a professional services consulting arrangement.
- Wednesday 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM What’s Next? Pervasive Governance Roadmap – Fiona Schrader
- Wednesday 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM What’s Next? EMC Captiva Product Roadmap – Darren Gardner
- Thursday 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM What’s Next with EMC Documentum xCP? The Convergence of ECM, BPM and Analytics
- Thursday 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM What’s Next? EMC Document Sciences xPression Roadmap