OpenContent provides a high performance, platform independent Web Services layer for Alfresco, Documentum, and Hadoop. OpenContent is written in Java and accessible via REST endpoints.
OpenContent: Separating the Application from the Software
Many organizations have custom web applications built to meet their diverse needs. Maintaining these applications during an upgrade or a software platform change can be challenging. OpenContent serves as a layer of abstraction between your ECM solution and your end-user application, greatly simplifying development efforts, upgrades and even allowing for back-end software to be swapped without impacting the user!
OpenContent provides the following benefits:
- Simplified system upgrades
- Easy enabling of repository communication on existing applications
- Simplified development efforts
- Isolation of repository specific interface components
- Flexibility and reuse opportunities
The latest OpenContent API documentation is available using the links below