What Differentiates TSG?
Small Company Advantage
Experience for yourself the vast benefits of working for a small company. Below are the top reasons college hires chose TSG.
- High Visibility - Don't be a number
- Accelerated Career Path
- Downtown Chicago
- Work-Life Balance
- Open-Source Software Development
- Innovative Technology
- Open Communication with Management
We aren't the typical small company. TSG has survived the past recession without layoffs or salary reductions. We took creative ways to save money that we believe helped get us through the downturn as well as set us up for success coming out of it. Read more about it on our blog.
At TSG, you will have a variety of exciting opportunities that provide for learning, mentoring and skill development. As a consultant with TSG, you are exposed to different technologies, industries, and work styles. Our consultants are staffed on a new project every 3 months on average. They find this variety challenging and interesting.
Work Should Be Fun
This means both enjoying what you do and who you work with. A founding principle of TSG is maintaining an enjoyable work environment and a positive work-life balance. We feel a well-rounded consultant, with an active life outside of work, can be more effective for our clients and the company. This is the long-term career frame of mind that is missing at most consulting companies.
Besides developing our employees' consulting skills, we encourage strong team relationships both in and out of the office. We host many social outings such as our Winter Colorado Ski Trip, our Summer Baseball Game, our Anniversary Dinner Party, happy hours and more. For pictures and more details on our extracurricular activities see the TSG Culture section of our web site.
Your professional development is a top priority. As you begin your career at TSG, you will be assigned a mentor. The goal of the mentoring program is to provide you with an opportunity to receive individualized professional guidance and direction from an experienced consultant
At TSG, we have a powerful new hire training program designed to introduce college hires to the technologies & business skills necessary to hit the ground running at their first client engagement. We hire from a variety of college curriculums and our courses are designed to bring all of our new hires to a similar skill level. We also look to use our new hire training, to build strong team-work bonds between you and your peers and introduce you to your new colleagues at TSG.
Technical & Business Career Paths
At TSG we offer both a technical and business career path. Both require a foundation in technology yet focus on specific concentrations. Some of our consultants have chosen a career path that incorporates both areas below (business and technical), while the personal interests for other consultants cause them to concentrate on one area. TSG provides a flexible environment where you can choose how technical or how business-focused your career is.
- Technical Career Path - This path supports our deeply skilled technologist. We rely heavily on these consultants to help define and verify the technical direction of our projects and research new technology. Our technical architects are involved in the entire project lifecycle in order to validate and monitor the implementation of the solution.
- Business Career Path - This path supports our highly skilled project managers and business analysts. These consultants play a large role in the project definition phase heading up the project planning and requirements gathering activities. We rely heavily on these consultants to manage the execution of the projects as well as the relationship with the client from a project perspective.