As part of TSG’s ongoing efforts to assist clients move from legacy ECM systems like FileNet to modern cloud alternatives, TSG has recently published a case study highlighting how one FileNet customer was able to successfully move to Amazon Web Services.
FileNet Client Background and Approach
TSG was approached by a long-time FileNet customer interested in moving existing accounts payable and related documents from a legacy on premise instance of FileNet. TSG proposed the combination of Amazon Web Services, Alfresco, TSG’s OpenContent Accounts Payable Soution as well as OpenMigrate to facilitate the migration of over 80 million documents from FileNet to Alfresco.
Some highlights from the effort included:
- Customer began with 200 million documents but was able to reduce to 80 million for the final migration with archiving decisions
- Developing a migration approach that captured both delta changes as well as bulk migration without affecting ongoing system performance.
- Converting legacy computer output to laser disc (COLD) and TIFF from proprietary formats to standard PDF.
- Creating new capabilities and integration with external providers via the cloud.
- Releasing a new and improved interface that included annotation capabilities.
Download the case study to learn more.