OpenAnnotate continues to be one of our most popular software products with new features being added by multiple clients. This post will highlight the new features including streamline viewing, thumbnail navigation, PDF manipulation, updates to video annotation, redaction updates, localizing and adding the freehand drawing tool.
OpenAnnotate 2.6 New Features
The latest release of OpenAnnotate features some very exciting new functionality that our client community has contributed to the core product. Check out the latest updates:
- Streamlined Performance Viewer – Documents larger than 1000 pages load in seconds with the latest performance enhancement.
- Thumbnail Navigation – Quickly navigate through documents via a thumbnail view. Thumbnails are rendered on-demand and indicate which pages have annotations.
- PDF Manipulation – Pages can be extracted, rotated, deleted and re-ordered without needing to download the document to the desktop. Modified documents are versioned and the original is never altered.
- Video Annotation Support – Users can quickly navigate through a video via an annotated bookmark, great for long videos. Comment on a specific portion of a video with the click of a button. Thumbnails can be generated on the fly, allowing a user to annotate specific detail in the video clip that needs to be addressed.
- Automated Redactions – Text that should be redacted based on specified business rules can be automatically redacted. This allows a user to accept/reject redactions, reducing the risk of missing confidential information. Text that meets specific criteria, like social security numbers and other personally identifiable information, can be configured easily
- Localization – The interface of OA can be easily translated into any language – English and French are supported out of the box. Japanese and Spanish coming soon.
- Freehand Drawing Tool – Call-out portions of a document that need attention with this helpful addition. Perfect for drawing custom shapes.
Be sure to checkout our video demo and try a live demo.