We just finished up our 3rd Quarter planning in regards to our product solutions. Some highlights:
- OpenMigrate continues to be our top downloaded product. Most of our effort in the 2nd quarter involved taking this enterprise class solution and make it easier to install and configure. From discussions with users, our efforts have been a success. Users continued to be impressed with the speed and capabilities. We are anticipating a surge this fall as users leverage OpenMigrate as part of their upgrade efforts as well as ways to improve performance via a cached approach.
- High Performance Interface (HPI) – This is our newest and recently certified by EMC product. We have internally leveraged it for multiple clients to improve searching and from Webtop and look forward to more innovative solutions like inbound fax. As with OpenMigrate, we have spent considerable effort making it easier to install and configure and are adding additional functionality to the administrative tool.
- Active Wizard – Major effort this quarter has to provide a flex-based tool being capable of supporting Documentum as well as Alfresco or other platforms. We are hoping to release a major code base upgrade 3rd quarter along with support for JBPM by the end of the year.
Tying it all together – Where to Next?
Users generally determine where our next development goes and how our products interconnect. Items on the horizon include:
- Lucene Integration – We are adding Lucene integration as a replacement for FAST for both Documentum as well as a Cached version. This solution will be accessible from HPI as well as indexing updates from OpenMigrate.
- OpenInterchange – This product began as our email alternative to Outlook or Notes clients and closely related to the HPI product set. We are adding folder monitoring (inbound fax support) as well as continued support for Captiva.
- Flex Based Annotations – Will be targeting to add this current Webtop Solution to HPI product capabilities.
- Term Hit Highlighting – Will be adding this current Webtop Solution to HPI product capabilities as well as part of the Lucene integration.
- OpenDashboard – We are hoping to add more performance monitoring capabilities.
- OpenOverlay – continued integration with Documentum and Alfresco for additional PDF manipulation